If you have children over the age of three, then you are probably familiar with this scenario: The weekend is coming. You want something fun to do with the kids, but you also want it to be educational … and it wouldn’t hurt if it was fun for you, too. Well, parents and educators of Bexar County and beyond, the San Antonio Book Festival has you covered!
So Much More Than Books!
The fun doesn’t end with the authors. There are a number of children’s activities throughout the day during the Festival–organized and carried out by beloved San Antonio organizations.
- Get crafty with the DOSEUM, San Antonio’s museum for kids
- Check out the bonanza of books on the BIBLIOTECH & SAISD Rolling Readers bus (now dressed up as the Cat in the Hat!)
- Relax and get creative coloring with the SAN ANTONIO PUBLIC LIBRARY FOUNDATION
- Take a closer look at the fine art featured by SPAREPARTS STUDIO and the MINI ART MUSEUM
- Design your own bookmark with the SOUTHWEST SCHOOL OF ART
- Lose your marbles paper marbling with ARTWORKS
- Snap a photo with the ballerinas from THE CHILDREN’S BALLET OF SAN ANTONIO
- Stop by the LITERACY CARAVAN and collect a book to take home
- Grab a snack and hang out in the lounge area with H-E-B
- Make friends with the H-E-Buddy
- It’s puppet time with Pete the Cat and SAN ANTONIO YOUTH LITERACY!
- Build your own superhero chap book with the SAN ANTONIO MUSEUM OF ART
- Craft your own story with THE BOOK FAIRY!